All teams created on or after May 3rd, 2023 are billed by the hour. Teams created before that are billed monthly. We are gradually moving monthly billed services to hourly.
Hourly billing is only available for compute. All other services are billed monthly and charges are pro-rated to the second so you can add and remove services as you wish while only being charged for your actual consumption.
When you deploy a server we initiate billing for it. The charges are based on the server's consumption and applied at the end of the billing cycle. When you add more servers, we begin tracking their consumption from the moment they join the project.
👍 Suppose you sign up on January 1st and create Server One on January 3rd and Server Two on January 4th. Here's how the billing process works:
- Your billing cycle renews every 3rd of the month. In this example, your first renewal date is February 3rd.
- On February 3rd, you receive an invoice for the usage of Server One and Server Two during the period from January 3rd to February 3rd, calculated based on their respective hourly rates.
Monthly billing applies to teams created before May 3rd, 2023.
When you deploy a server or add a service to a Project for the first time, we create a monthly charge for the full service period. If you add more services to the same project, such as deploying an additional server or requesting a new IP address, the charges for these services are pro-rated and included in your next month's invoice.
👍 You sign up on January 1st and create Server One on January 3rd and Server Two on January 4th. What happens is:
- Your billing cycle will renew every 3rd of the month.
- On January 3rd you are invoiced for the full amount for Server One for the period of January 3rd to February 3rd.
- On February 3rd you will receive an invoice with the pro-rated amount for Server Two from January 4th to February 3rd and the full amount for Server One and Server Two for the periods of February 3rd to March 3rd.
Updated 3 months ago